THE Covid pandemic could’ve been avoided if Wuhan didn’t lie to the world, a top doctor has claimed.
A bombshell ITV documentary reveals Covid was spreading like wildfire for 12 days from January 5 but the Chinese government reported no new cases.
In the documentary, infectious diseases specialist Dr Yi-Chun Lo, of Taiwan’s Centres for Disease Control, blamed China for hiding facts about the virus outbreak.
He said: “I think the pandemic could have been avoided at the beginning if China was transparent about the outbreak and was quick to provide necessary information to the world.”
Medics from the outbreak epicenter city of Wuhan have been captured on film admitting they were silenced in December 2019.
The country’s rulers are accused of gagging medics who tried to warn of the dangers weeks before the virus exploded across the globe.
‘Outbreak: The Virus That Shook The World’ outlines a cover-up by the Chinese government authorities from the start of the outbreak including how the Lunar New Year celebrations were allowed to go ahead.
One of the medics said he feared it would become a mass super-spreading event once it was clear the virus could be transmitted between humans.
He is filmed saying “they shouldn’t have allowed any gatherings” but says “we were told not to speak out”.
“The provincial and local governments knew the threat but they continued to allow crowds,” says the doctor.
“People suggested at city level that it shouldn’t go ahead, but it did because such an event would present a harmonious and prosperous society.”
The medical professionals were filmed speaking to a citizen journalist after Wuhan was released from lockdown
Leaks of Chinese official data show the first confirmed case of Covid-19 in Wuhan can be traced back to November 17, 2019.
But according to the Chinese government, there were no deaths until January 9, 2020.
China went on to suggest the virus originated elsewhere — and that it had beaten the disease.
A senior medic claimed in the soon-to-be-release documentary: “There were deaths every day in the early days.”
“We all felt there shouldn’t be any doubt about human-to-human transmission.”
ITV’s undercover footage emerged after US intelligence insiders claimed a botched Chinese lab experiment was the pandemic’s “most credible source”.
The US State Department claimed the Wuhan Institute of Virology (W.I.V) had been conducting experiments with a virus genetically similar to the new coronavirus before the pandemic erupted.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo stated lab staff in Wuhan first fell ill after secret tests on coronaviruses found in bats 13 months ago.
The lab was said to have been experimenting “under conditions that increased the risk for exposure”.
Former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith insisted: “I want a full investigation.”
Last year, The Sun revealed how the W.I.V. lied about taking safety precautions when collecting bat samples.
Shocking leaked photos – which revealed a scandalous lack of safety – were deleted from the website of under-fire China science hub.
In the wake of claims, cables were sent to the US State Department from the embassy warning about the risks of experiments on bats.
Motorists could be hit with £70 fines for 20 minor driving errors under new plans
Jimmi Harkishin urges BAME Brits to ignore anti-vaxx myths and get Covid jab
THE EASTER ESCAPE
Boris Johnson begins top secret planning to ease UK lockdown at Easter
SHOT IN THE ARM
Daily Covid vaccine figures slump by nearly HALF in past four days
Germany discovers ANOTHER Covid strain different to UK & South African variants
UK Covid deaths up 1,610 in biggest rise since pandemic began
One read: “During interactions with scientists at the WIV laboratory, they noted the new lab has a serious shortage of appropriately trained technicians and investigators needed to safely operate this high-containment laboratory.”
The US State Department says the Chinese Communist Party has prevented investigators from interviewing researchers in Wuhan “including those who were ill in the fall [autumn] of 2019.”
“Beijing continues today to withhold vital information that scientists need to protect the world from this deadly virus and the next one,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo added on Saturday.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org